As a business, we strive to help you and the rest of our customers in any way that we can and preventing chimney fires is a big part of that. We take pride in our work and we want to keep you safe from dangerous situations like chimney fires. We’ve focused several times on teaching children fireplace safety and preventing pets from being injured at the fireplace, so today we’re going to talk about a few more safety tips for your fireplace and chimney.
Here are 6 ways that we help you prevent chimney fires:
- We clean your chimney like we would our very own and we will not leave your house until all of the creosote buildup is gone and we know the chimney is safe for you to use.
- We always inspect your chimney after cleaning it, so that we can find any damage early before those issues become a larger concern.
- We will replace or repair any bricks that are cracked or loose, so that your chimney does not become a danger to you and your family.
- We always make sure that your chimney is vented properly, so that you do not have a buildup of smoke inside your house. Smoke buildup is not good for your health and it can make your house dirty as well.
- As we are inspecting your chimney, we check the flue for rust. If your flue is rusted, it can become cracked when you are using the fireplace and a fire can end up starting inside the chimney or house.
- The flue lining can also become damaged from water and moisture. It is never safe to use a fireplace that has damaged flue lining inside the chimney. It is another issue that can lead to a chimney fire.
We always want to make sure that you are as safe as possible inside your house. One way that we can do that is to make sure that your chimney is in excellent working order and that it is safe for you to use your fireplace whenever you want.
We perform all types of chimney inspections, cleanings, and minor repairs here at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service. Our Chimney Sweeps are CSIA Certified and participate in continued education programs throughout the year. Give us a call at 610-626-2439 to discuss any chimney problems you may be experiencing or to schedule an appointment for a consultation, inspection, or cleaning.