Have A Water Problem? We’re Delaware County’s Chimney Leak Repair Experts & We’ll Take Care Of It!
Water problems are very prevalent year-round, due to the weather patterns we have here in the Philadelphia area. For this reason, it’s becoming increasingly important for all homeowners to understand how water can damage all types of masonry, and what they can do to reverse or prevent damage and chimney leaks.
Chimney leak repair is extremely important, because an unsafe and water-damaged chimney presents safety concerns that may actually threaten the structural integrity of the home. And costs to repair and resolve these safety concerns can quickly add up. Let us help you keep costs down and keep your home safer and stronger by resolving your chimney leaks and water problems fast. Our specialties include these services:
- Crown Repair & Waterproofing —The crown (cement top) of your chimney is made to protect the chimney opening against water, but crowns can crack, erode, or otherwise fail, and allow water into the home. The best way to prevent these types of leaks is to have repairs made quickly. Here at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service, we make crown repairs and provide a waterproof membrane using ChimneySaver CrownCoat and CrownSeal. Both products are environmentally friendly, permanently flexible, and carry at least a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty. Find out more about our crown repair options here.
- Masonry Repair & Waterproofing — Water is your masonry chimney’s worst enemy, and unfortunately, water often wins the battle. If you have masonry damage, like cracks in your mortar joints or spalling brick, the faster repairs are made, the better. The team here at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service can make repairs quickly and professionally, and prevent cracks from growing and allowing more and more water into the masonry and home. We can also waterproof the chimney to prevent future water-related problems. While there are many waterproofing agents on the market, here at Lou Curley’s, we use ChimneySaver VOC-compliant water repellent. This non-glossy, 100% vapor-permeable waterproofing product is the best out there. Find out why here.
- Chimney Cap & Custom Cap Installation — Is your cap missing? Every chimney needs a cap to cover the flue and keep water, debris, and animals from entering. Here at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service, we sell and install quality stainless steel and copper single and multi-flue chimney caps. Each cap we install can be powder-coated as well and carries a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty. Learn more here.
Signs Of A Leak
Aside from scheduling annual inspections with a Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA)-certified chimney sweep, what can you do to stay on top of leaks and water problems? Inspect your chimney on a regular basis and make sure to call us if you notice any of the following:
- Cracks between the brick or stone of your chimney
- Spalling or flaking brick
- Damage to the crown or chimney cap
- Evidence of water in your fireplace
Obvious damage to any part of your chimney should be taken seriously. A collapsed chimney puts the surrounding areas of your home at risk for rot and collapse as well. Don’t waste money on quick fixes that only address the symptoms of the problem. Call Lou Curley’s Chimney Service for a no-nonsense chimney leak repair and waterproofing application that will last for many years to come. Reach us at 610-626-2439 or fill out our online appointment request form to get started!
The Ahren-Fire Fireplace Restoration system is a great solution to many chimney and fireplace repair needs. Ask us for more information to see if it’s an option for your situation.