Lou Curley’s Chimney Service Believes Media Deserves The Best Fireplace Services Around — And That’s What We Deliver!
Living easy isn’t hard to do in Media, especially with our top-notch chimney services! If you live in Bowling Green, South Media, Moylan, Pine Ridge, Pendle Hill, Rose Tree, Elwyn, Bortondale, Rose Valley, Black Horse, Bryn Mawr, Broomall, Haverford, Havertown, Narberth, or anywhere else close by, count on Lou Curley’s Chimney Service today!
Media, PA is a place that has a little bit of everything. No matter your interests or lifestyle, you’ll always be able to find a great place to eat, a favorite place to shop, and the ideal location to spend a day with family and friends. Celebrations and events are a common occurrence all year long, and locals know that they’ll always be able to find something fun to do any season or time of year!
Residents love Media because it’s the perfect mix of big city bustle and small town feel. Finding new places to hang out and have fun is never a problem! For a great meal, try out Spasso Italian Grill, Yia It’s All Greek To Me, Ariano, Koffee Korner, Dos Gringos Mexican Kitchen, La Belle Epoque Wine Bistro, or Shere-E-Punjab Indian Restaurant.
Ready to shop? Whether you need some items for your home, a gift for a friend, a new outfit, or anything else you can think of, this area has tons of options for you. Head over to Seven Stones Gallery & Cafe, Per Lei Boutique, Blue Santa Beads & Boutique, Cycle Sport, Earth & Slate, or The Country Cowshed for products you will not find anywhere else. There are tons of great places to visit in this walkable community, so keep exploring!
We love Media, and we’re proud to travel all along Orange Street, Monroe Street, Baltimore Avenue, South Avenue, Jackson Street, Franklin Street, Lemon Street, West Street, Olive Street, Amber Street, Plum Street, Emerald Street, Jasper Street, Front Street, State Street, Gayley Street, Vernon Street, Jefferson Street, Manchester Avenue, Radnor Street, Fussell Street, Taylor Street, Worrall Street, and all throughout Media to ensure they get the best chimney care possible. Need some help? You can count on us.
Pennsylvania’s Only CSIA Master Chimney Sweep
Staying up to date and educated on all of the latest safety codes, equipment, and technologies is important in the ever-evolving chimney sweep industry. Chimney sweeps don’t do things the same way we did 50 years ago (thankfully!) and, if we did, our systems wouldn’t run nearly as efficiently or as safely! Here at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service, we take advantage of every learning opportunity we can, which is how we earned the title of CSIA Master Chimney Sweep – the only one in Pennsylvania!
Along with this, we maintain a long list of certifications. These include:
- CSIA-Certified Chimney Sweep
- CSIA-Certified Chimney Specialist
- CSIA-Master Chimney Sweep
- CSIA-Certified Dryer Exhaust Tech (CDET)
- NFI Master Hearth Specialist
- NFI Gas Specialist
- NFI Wood Specialist
- NFI Pellet Specialist
- F.I.R.E.-Certified Fireplace & Chimney Inspector
- F.I.R.E.-Certified Tech
- F.I.R.E. Registered Hearth Advisor
Combine our certifications with our industry and local association memberships and our A+ BBB rating, and you’ve got yourself a chimney company that you can trust with anything! Check out our service list today to learn more about all the ways that we can serve you.
- Chimney Sweeping
- Chimney Inspections
- Smoke/Draft Problems Corrected
- Damper Replacement (Chimney-Top Dampers)
- Chimney & Furnace/Boiler Flue Relining
Chimneys aren’t all we take care of. We also clean and maintain dryer vents! This is an important practice and helps to minimize your risk of energy waste and house fires significantly. Count on us to get the job done right and without making a mess!
Why Do You Need To Have Your Chimney Swept & Inspected Every Year?
Unbeknownst to most, there is actually a lot that goes into the functionality of your chimney system. While some components that make up the structure are visibly obvious – the firebox that contains the flames inside the living area, the crown, cap, and flashing outside – there are many others at play within. Not only are these parts crucial for the suitable operation of your chimney system, but they’re also all but impossible to see without special cameras and other tools. …meaning that if something was awry, there is little to no way that you’d know.
What does this mean? Here is a handful of things we commonly find during an annual chimney inspection:
- Creosote Buildup: The thick, soot-like buildup beginning to cake the inside of your exhaust system and the mouth of your chimney? That is called creosote and while it is a normal byproduct of combustion, if too much accumulates over time, it can lead to major inefficiencies within your system – and even cause a chimney fire.
- Damaged Flue Liner: No matter the type or style of your chimney, there is (or should be, anyway) a liner located in the chimney chase (or cavity) that is designed to protect your home and the walls of the chimney itself against the damaging smoke and gases that pass through. There are different varieties of these liners, but whether it is a metal tube or made of terracotta tiles, any cracks, holes, gaps, or separations can cause smoke and other chemicals to enter your home.
- Presence of Animals: Especially right before the burning season, when the system has not been in operation for a few months, it’s not uncommon to find nests from birds, raccoons, and other creatures who found themselves a cool, dark place to live. Believe us, it’s definitely better to find this out before you light your first fire or turn on your furnace as opposed to after…
Request An Appointment Today!
Don’t neglect your fireplace, chimney, or dryer vents – the better you take care of them, the longer you get to enjoy them! So call 610-626-2439 or fill out our online appointment request form to schedule your chimney repairs or annual maintenance services today. We’re here to help homeowners in Sackville, Wallingford, Swarthmore, Worrell, Riddlewood, Avendale, Springfield, Wayne, Media, and all the neighboring communities enjoy safer, warmer homes!