People In Springfield Feel Safer Knowing Lou Curley’s Chimney Service Can Handle All Of Their Fireplace Needs
It doesn’t matter if you live in Springfield, Newtown Square, Wynnewood, Wayne, Westbrook Park, Primos, Addingham, Clifton Heights, Aronimink, Morton, Secane, Wyndom, Garrettford, Pilgrim Gardens, Kellyville, or any of the towns or cities in the vicinity. Lou and his team are here for you!
With the countless community groups, the top-notch schools, the wide variety of parks and recreational opportunities, and a great public library system, it’s clear that Springfield has everything needed to build a great life and home.
People all throughout the area love visiting enjoyable places like Springfield Ice Rink, Crowell Park, Jane Lownes Park, and Pennsdale Park. If you need a pick-me-up, there are tons of great shops where you can grab a delicious snack or meal. Firehouse Donuts, Slack’s Hoagie & Pizza Shack, Dairy Cottage, and KAWA Japanese Cuisine are just some of the many places locals rave about! Then, stop on by Crave Creamery for something to satisfy your sweet tooth. Ready to visit some unique shops with specialty items? We recommend ESquared, Springfield Music Store, Block Jewelers, and Martindale’s Natural Market.
- Chimney Sweeping
- Chimney Inspections
- Smoke/Draft Problems Corrected
- Damper Replacement (Chimney-Top Dampers)
- Chimney & Furnace/Boiler Flue Relining
- Firebox Repairs
- Smoke Chamber Repairs
- Chimney Leak Repairs
- Ahren-Fire Fireplace Restoration
Why Are Chimney Sweepings Important?
- Preventing chimney fires: Creosote is a black, sticky substance often found in chimneys and it is extremely combustible. The more creosote you have, the more likely you are to experience a chimney fire – a risk you don’t want to take when it comes to the safety of your home and loved ones.
- Ensuring efficiency: Obstructions in your chimney flue can cause inefficiency with your heating system. A certified chimney technician will clear all blockages and get you back to enjoying the proper heat and ambiance of your fireplace, furnace, or wood stove.
- Keeping harmful fumes out: Burning wood, gas, or oil produces smoke, carbon monoxide, and other hazardous fumes. Without a clear pathway out of your home, these fumes will begin to pour right back into your space. This can cause serious illness and, in extreme cases, even be fatal.
- Extending system lifespan: Just like everything else in your home, proper and necessary maintenance helps keep everything in the best shape, thus extending the life of it, as a result.
- Improved air quality: The dirtier the chimney, the dirtier the air that can enter your living space. Don’t delay on getting that chimney inspection and sweeping done so you can ensure you are breathing in cleaner, fresher air!
Considering all of the reasons you should get your chimney swept, when people ask us when is the best time to get a chimney sweep, our response is always – right now! Why put it off any longer and risk the health of you and your loved ones?
Another common mistake people make when scheduling a chimney sweeping is by waiting until the temperatures start to drop and everyone starts using their home heating systems. Chimney companies and their services are in high demand at this point. Take advantage of our open schedule and get your chimney services done in the off-season. This also ensures we have plenty of time to make any necessary repairs before you need to use your gas fireplace, furnace, or wood stove insert.
Why Is It Important to Hire a Professional Chimney Sweep?
There’s a time to be thrifty and there’s a time to be smart. Right now, is the time to be smart. Hiring a certified chimney technician to perform this service is better than doing it yourself for the following reasons:
- Safety risks: Chimney sweeping involves working on roofs, handling soot and debris, and dealing with potential respiratory hazards. Professionals are trained to navigate these risks safely – and we don’t recommend you try to YouTube-train yourself to perform this job.
- Lack of expertise: Chimney technicians have to undergo extensive training and certification to perform their job correctly. Without proper knowledge, you may not be able to spot potential problems or provide a thorough inspection on your chimney system. Give yourself peace of mind by hiring someone who knows what they are doing.
- Chimney inspection: During a chimney inspection, the chimney technician will also inspect for any safety concerns, damage, or blockages. It’s easy to overlook if you don’t know what to look for. Something as simple as a missed crack can cause leaks and water damage in the future.
- Equipment and tools: Chimney maintenance requires specialized rods, brushes, and vacuums to get the job done right. Using improper tools can damage your chimney and will only create bigger problems down the road.
- Insurance and liability: Liability insurance protects not only the chimney technician, but also your home in case any damage or harm occurs while on the job. You don’t want to risk serious injury to yourself or damage to your home because then you would be responsible for it.
Chimney Repairs & Services Should Always Be Handled By A Pro
If you’ve scrolled through the Internet lately, then you know how many do-it-yourself tutorials are floating around the web. While some of these can save you money in the short term, it doesn’t always mean that they’re the best route to take. When it comes to chimney and fireplace care, we strongly advise against taking matters into your own hands, especially when you have a team of professionals standing by, ready to help you out!
Learning the ins and outs of a chimney system takes time and dedication, and mishandling a repair or installation job can lead to some serious issues down the line. You could put your home and family into very dangerous situations, and you’ll invite a lot of extra stress into your life, too. Not to mention, an affordable and easy fix could easily turn into a time-consuming and expensive repair job should a professional not be involved from the start. Why take any chances? Play it safe and work with our reliable team today!
Our team is certified by the CSIA, the NFI, and F.I.R.E. Service, and we know how to keep your system operating properly, efficiently, and as safely as possible. We’ve repaired, maintained, and inspected fireplaces and chimneys all along State Road, Saxer Avenue, Springfield Road, Powell Road, Woodland Avenue, Baltimore Pike, North Avenue, Church Road, Yale Avenue, Swarthmore Avenue, Beatty Road, Sprout Road, Bishop Avenue, West Avenue, Rose Lane, Evans Road, Bennett Road, Westfield Road, Franklin Avenue, Sheffield Drive, Briarhill Road, Orchard Road, Rolling Road, and everywhere else in between. If you own a fireplace in Aldan, Drexel Hill, Holmes, Rutledge, Llanwellyn, Burmont, Media, Havertown, or Haverford, don’t hesitate any longer — pick up the phone today and call our qualified staff at 610-626-2439 for service you can trust! You can also request an appointment right here on our website.