Need Chimney Care in Delaware County? Our Experts Are the Ones to Trust

Your gas boiler, furnace, and water heater all use a chimney or flue to vent out fumes and vapors, but many forget to invest in regular maintenance for these systems. This can lead to inefficiency, and it can cause some pretty serious health issues for those inside of the home, too.

From time to time, the liners in these systems need to be replaced, due to the corrosive nature of the gases that pass through them, and if they break down too significantly, your home and family could be at risk.

Learn more below, then count on the team at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service to help you out with it all. We’re qualified to inspect, clean, repair, and reline these systems, so you aren’t left stressing about their functionality. Our experts are just a quick phone call away, so reach out today!

Lou Curley Chimney Service - Chimney Sweeping

Why Are Regular Chimney Services Important?

Avoiding Excess Moisture

Now one thing that happens if your system is damaged is moisture will have easy access to your masonry. If this occurs, your brickwork and mortar will suffer significantly, and things will continue to break down. The more cracking and deterioration that occurs, the more expensive the chimney repair job will be, and there could be a chance you’ll have to face some major restoration work down the line, too.

In the end, you won’t get the best results you deserve from your system, and your family could suffer if fumes and heat get easy access to your home. Why risk it? Set up your appointment today.

Preventing Carbon Monoxide Exposure

Gaps in your venting system also increase the likelihood of carbon monoxide coming into your living space. Carbon monoxide has no color or odor, making it basically impossible to detect, and it is very poisonous, making it threatening on multiple levels. Most people don’t even know it has entered there home, and if you are unaware of symptoms (many of which are deceivingly similar to the flu), then there’s a good chance this gas could take your life.

It’s a scary, but unfortunately true fact that carbon monoxide kills hundreds every single year, and it lands thousands in the hospital. This isn’t something to mess around with, which is why it is imperative to both invest in professional care for your appliances and have carbon monoxide detectors installed throughout your home.

If your detector goes off, leave the space immediately and call for help. Make sure everyone is safely out, then do not enter the home again until given permission to do so by the appropriate authorities.

Stopping Flames From Entering Your Home

All of the appliances we’ve mentioned use heat in one way or another, so you can imagine what would happen if these high temperatures were able to reach adjacent woodwork or anything else flammable in your home. Once flames start to spread in these vulnerable areas, it won’t take long until the more parts of the home are on fire, leaving you with thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of damage on your hands.

Keeping your family better protected could be as easy as working with our team for all of your chimney-related needs. Looking for someone to do your annual chimney cleaning? Count on us. In need of an intensive fireplace repair? We’ll know just what to do, no matter the circumstance or issue.

We care about our customers, and we never take shortcuts or cut corners, so you can bet you get the highest level of care possible. Reach out now, so we can help you achieve peace of mind going forward – you deserve it!

Minimizing Creosote Deposits

Creosote is a substance that forms in chimneys and, while you cannot avoid it entirely, you can take steps to reduce the rate at which it accumulates. How is it harmful? Well, creosote breaks down your structure, causing cracking, rusting, and decay, and it is also very flammable, meaning the more you have of it, the higher your chances are of experiencing a chimney fire.

Chimney fires are very damaging to your structure, and using an appliance after one has occurred is extremely dangerous. Don’t let your home and family come in harm’s way. Rather, invest in the care you deserve by turning to the experts here Lou Curley’s Chimney Service now. We would love to help you out every step of the way.

Why Trust Us?

Whether you’re looking to schedule a chimney inspection, a gas fireplace repair, or something else entirely, we’re the team that can do it all.

We not only obtain and renew certifications with the CSIA, but we are also home to Pennsylvania’s only CSIA Master Chimney Sweep. That’s right – our owner, Lou Curley, has earned this honor, and we are proud of our extensive educational background. When it comes to chimneys, we can handle it all.

We also hold an A+ rating with the BBB, and we are the preferred chimney company for a long list of local HVAC contractors and realtors. When it comes to chimney care in Delaware County, there is simply no place better to turn.

Ready to get this process started? So are we! Reach out today, so we can discuss your options.

 

Be sure dryer vent cleaning is on your home maintenance to-do list and then call Lou Curley’s Chimney Service to get it done!