For Years, Folks In Bryn Mawr Have Trusted Lou Curley’s Chimney Service With Their Fireplace Concerns
Homeowners in Bryn Mawr, Broomall, Haverford, Havertown, Hamilton Court, Rosemont, Ardmore, Garrett Hills, Wynnebrook Manor, Coreze, Coopertown, Gladwyne, Wynnewood, Wayne, and all of the surrounding areas know how important quality chimney care is. Ensure your home stays safer and more efficient all year long by depending on us!
Bryn Mawr has everything you want from a big city, but is small enough to offer you that small-town vibe that everyone loves to embrace. You can’t deny the strong sense of community that is spread throughout the area, and while it’s not always easy to find the best of both worlds, when you live in Bryn Mawr, that’s exactly what you get!
So, what’s there to do for fun? Well, why not start the day with some shopping! If you’re like us, you’re sick of finding the same old things that everyone else already seems to have. To find something unique that’s just for you, try out some of these lovely shops: Gold Million Records, Bryn Mawr Running Company, Skirt, Bryn Mawr Vintage Collectibles, Maleka Home and Gifts, and Via Bellissima.
Got a sweet craving? Better run to Main Line Bistro & Creperie or The Bakery House for something yummy! Or if you’re in the mood for a big meal to fill you up, try Tango Restaurant, Biga, Xolo Tacos, Enoteca Tredici, Antonella’s Italian Kitchen, or Garrett Hill Ale House. All delicious and all highly recommended by locals! Need some art, culture, or entertainment in your life? Be sure to visit Leonard Nelson Gallery or Bryn Mawr Film Institute, both of which have offered countless enjoyable evenings to community members throughout the area.
There’s no doubt that Bryn Mawr provides everything necessary for building a great life, and Lou Curley’s Chimney Service is here to contribute to that. We aim to help homeowners feel safer, happier, and cozier all year long by providing comprehensive chimney and venting care! If you live on Lancaster Avenue, Montgomery Avenue, Morris Avenue, Merlon Avenue, Merion Avenue, Elliott Avenue, County Lane Road, Pennsylvania Avenue, Pennswood Road, Barrett Avenue, Warner Avenue, Prospect Avenue, County Line Road, Reese Avenue, Doyle Alley, Railroad Avenue, Morton Road, Radnor Street, Fishers Road, or any of the streets or roads in between, be sure to count on us for all of your chimney inspections, sweepings, and more!
Quick & Outstanding Service You Won’t Find Anywhere Else
Countless people throughout the area have made Lou and the team here at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service their go-to crew for chimney and fireplace care. Why? Because we’re a group of experts who truly go above and beyond for our customers! With every available certification from the CSIA, the NFI, and F.I.R.E. Service, we give folks throughout the area the peace of mind that comes with knowing they’re in the best hands possible.
- Firebox Repairs
- Smoke Chamber Repairs
- Chimney Leak Repairs
- Ahren-Fire Fireplace Restoration
Last, but certainly not least, we are Certified Dryer Exhaust Technicians and we can take care of your annual dryer vent cleanings with no problem!
How Often Should I Have My Chimney Swept?
The answer to this varies. It all depends on how much you use your chimney and the type of fuel you’re burning. You definitely need to have your chimney inspected and swept at least once a year, preferably before the fall. But if you use your fireplace or wood stove more frequently, you may want to have it done twice a year.
Additionally, if you buy a home or move to a rental with a chimney, you’ll want to give us a call so we can inspect and clean it before you use it. You’ll also want to keep an eye out for things like soot or smoke coming into your home, as well as any staining on the walls around your fireplace – those are signs that could indicate a blockage of some sort.
We all know that severe weather is a fact of life, so if your home or chimney happens to sustain any damage either from weather or some other source, this is another time that having it inspected is a good call to make sure it’s safe to use.
When Is Two or Three Chimney Sweepings Per Year Necessary?
There are many factors that determine how often you should consider servicing your chimney, including:
- Type of fuel used: Whether you use wood, gas, or oil to heat your home, each of these affects the amount of buildup you will see in your chimney. Wood-burning fireplaces and wood stoves create the most and need to be inspected and cleaned on a more frequent basis. Your gas fireplace needs annual service to check for leaks, worn parts, and soot.
- Frequency of use: If you use your fireplace often, you accumulate more creosote and other debris that needs to be swept away more frequently. But don’t think that because you don’t use your fireplace very often that regular cleanings aren’t still important. Your unused chimney is likely to become a cozy home for other critters.
- Environmental factors: Rain, snow, and wind can all put wear and tear on your chimney system. Water is a chimney’s biggest enemy, and when it freezes, this can cause a brick chimney to crack and deteriorate faster.
- Age of chimney: The older the chimney, the more likely it is to need frequent inspections.
We want to help you keep your chimney in the best shape possible. Your chimney technician can help you determine how often you should be scheduling your chimney sweeping and inspection, so reach out today with questions.
What Happens If You Don’t Sweep Your Chimney?
So now that we have talked about why you should get a regular chimney sweeping, let’s discuss what happens when you don’t – and how that affects you and your household. When your chimney isn’t properly maintained, it can lead to many different issues, including:
- Creosote Buildup: That black substance in your chimney is a byproduct of burning wood. It accumulates over time, leaving you at great risk of a chimney fire. In the event of a chimney fire, you are left with costly repairs. A simple chimney sweeping is much easier on your pocketbook!
- Blockages: Blockages are dangerous because they prevent proper ventilation, create fire hazards, and can even cause smoke or carbon monoxide to build up inside of your home. Without the proper tools, it is often difficult for homeowners to clear these things out themselves.
- Structural Damage: Chimney deterioration that isn’t addressed in a timely manner will only continue to get worse over time and be more expensive to repair. “Out of sight, out of mind” isn’t a good motto to live by when it comes to chimney repair services.
As you can see, regular chimney sweeping not only improves the efficiency of your fireplace, it also helps reduce the risk of dangerous events occurring.
Don’t Put Off Regular Maintenance & Repairs – Let Us Take Care of It for You
The CSIA recommends investing in at least one chimney inspection per year to ensure everything is free of damage, leaks, fire hazards, or other safety and performance issues. Have you scheduled your annual inspection? As Pennsylvania’s only CSIA-Certified Master Sweep, our team can provide the quality service you need, mess free and stress free! If you live in Bryn Mawr, Grassland, Penn Valley, Narberth, Villanova, Belmont Hills, Springfield, Newtown Square, Media, or anywhere in the nearby area, don’t wait to schedule your next appointment. Call 610-626-2439 or fill out our online appointment request form today!