Locals in Wynnewood Care About Their Fireplaces – & Lou Curley’s Chimney Service Cares About Wynnewood Locals
We address countless chimney and fireplace concerns throughout Wynnewood, Narberth, Ardmore, Penn Wynne, Penn Valley, Merlon Park, Hamilton Court, Haverford, Cynwyd Estates, Ardmore Park, Academyville, Media, Havertown, Wayne, and more. Call us today to get all of your fireplace questions answered in a hurry!
Wynnewood is a lively area, filled with fun-loving and community-oriented families. Spend just one day at a local event or festivity and you’ll see clearly just how much this community cares about giving back and bringing people together. Locals and visitors alike are always greeted with the warmest welcome around, but a welcoming sense of community isn’t all that Wynnewood has to offer…
Ready to start your day off right? Grab some good breakfast at one of the many great dining spots that open for those early risers. Then, it’s time to do some shopping at the Wynnewood Shopping Center. Shopping burns up energy fast, so be sure to stop by one of the many local restaurants throughout the area to refuel.
Home to great schools, hospitals, parks, and more, Wynnewood offers its residents everything they need to live comfortably and enjoy life. And at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service, we want to help ensure things stay that way! That’s why we commit ourselves to bringing the best chimney and fireplace care possible to homes on Manoa Road, Remington Road, Penn Road, Wynnewood Avenue, Montgomery Avenue, Gypsy Lane, Mcclenaghan Mill Road, Morris Road, Clover Hill Road, Ashton Road, Ballytore Road, Cotswold Lane, Minden Way, Warick Road, Periwinkle Lane, Primrose Lane, Indian Creek Road, Violet Lane, Hollingsworth Road, City Avenue, East Lancaster Avenue, Surrey Lane, and more.
Our Chimney & Fireplace Services
- Chimney Sweeping
- Chimney Inspections
- Smoke/Draft Problems Corrected
- Damper Replacement (Chimney-Top Dampers)
- Chimney & Furnace/Boiler Flue Relining
- Firebox Repairs
- Smoke Chamber Repairs
- Chimney Leak Repairs
- Ahren-Fire Fireplace Restoration
Contact us today to learn more about all that we can offer you!
Why Is My Fireplace Smoking?
The reason your fireplace could be smoking can happen for a variety of reasons, including:
- Cold Chimney: Since chimneys are often placed on an outside wall, during the winter and while the fireplace isn’t in use, the cold air surrounding the chimney can create a temperature differential. Cold air is denser so when hot air attempts to rise, it can struggle to establish an efficient draft. Which as you’ve probably guessed, results in smoke spilling back into the room instead of being carried up and out of the chimney.
- Airflow Blockages: The most common reason for smoky fireplaces is because of something within the chimney flue itself that is blocking the passage of smoke and combustion gases. These blockages can be caused by a variety of things, such as creosote buildup, debris, bird nests, or even structural damage to the chimney liner.
- Incorrect Firewood: Who would’ve thought something as simple as burning the wrong kind of wood would be the cause of a smoky fireplace? Burning wood that is wet, unseasoned, or too large can lead to not just increased smoke production, but incomplete combustion as well.
- Damper Position: A chimney damper is most often found right above the firebox, in the throat of the chimney. If it is unable to fully open and close because of damage, corrosion, or debris, it can disrupt the chimney’s draft and airflow control. Improper airflow also makes it hard to start and maintain a fire, so it’s important you have a damper that is in good working condition.
- Room Size and Fireplace Match: Back when fireplaces were the only source of heat in the winter time, it was important to have a fireplace that could adequately warm the entire living space. Today, most fireplaces are used as a supplemental heat source. However, an oversized or undersized fireplace can lead to inefficiencies and draft issues.
- Wind Direction and Pressure: One of the variables that are outside of your control when it comes to proper chimney draft is the strength and direction of the wind. Strong winds can disrupt the normal draft of your chimney, causing backflow of smoke into your home. If you happen to live in a gusty area, you may not be able to change the wind, but using a wind cap or draft-inducing chimney fan can help minimize the impact of windy conditions on your fireplace’s performance and keep your home smoke-free.
- Design Flaw: Sometimes, chimneys and fireplaces aren’t built like they should be. Poor design, such as an incorrectly sized flue or lack of a properly functioning smoke shelf can affect the draft of your chimney. Fireplace codes are in place for a very good reason, and if these codes aren’t followed to a tee, problems will occur. That’s why it is important to hire a reputable company from the very beginning, and not always the one that promises the best deal.
Our Level Of Professionalism Exceeds Expectations
When you’re having your chimney, fireplace, or dryer vents worked on, you deserve to feel at ease with the crew that’s helping you out. At Lou Curley’s Chimney Service, we take your concerns seriously, pride ourselves on our professionalism, and highly invest in our education and training to ensure quality work, each and every time. We’re trained and certified with the CSIA, the NFI, and F.I.R.E. Service, and we are members of the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce, the Mid-Atlantic Chimney Association, the NCSG, the MAHPBA/HPBA, and the PA Guild of Professional Chimney Sweeps. To top it all off, we have been given an A+ rating with the BBB and have received numerous 5-star customer reviews. You can trust us with anything!
We Always Leave Customers Satisfied!
If you live in Overbrook, Coreze, Bala-Cynwyd, Wynnefield, Bala, Grassland, Bryn Mawr, Broomall, or somewhere else in the nearby area, give our qualified team a call today at 610-626-2439 or fill out our online appointment request form! Work with Pennsylvania’s one and only CSIA-certified Master Chimney Sweep, and get the peace of mind you deserve!