Make Your Home In Havertown Even Better With The Experts At Lou Curley’s Chimney Service!
There are always things to do in Havertown, Hamilton Court, Brookthorpe Hills, Wynnebrook Manor, Aronimink, Beverly Hills, Ardmore, Haverford, Broomall, Bryn Mawr, Grassland, Manoa, Llanerch, Coreze, and Adele. Make sure you have a great place to relax at the end of the day by investing in quality chimney and fireplace care!
With over 30 outdoor parks and fields, a wide range of dining and shopping options, and tons of great sights around town, finding fun ways to pass the time in Havertown is no problem at all! Plus, with Philly only a short drive away, the possibilities for entertainment are truly endless.
Spend some time outdoors at Paddock Farms Park, Grasslyn Park, Merwood Park, or Veterans Park, or try out Painting With A Twist for a fun-filled afternoon. Smoothies are great way to fill up an empty stomach and satisfy your sweet tooth, so be sure to stop by Smoothie King for a treat that’s extra tasty. Or try one of the many restaurants throughout the area. McKenna’s Kitchen & Market, Brick & Brew Gastropub, Kettle, Tuscany Cafe, and Bria & Latella’s Deli & Kitchen are all great picks that we know you will love.
If your day is getting long and you’re running out of steam, swing by Wawa for some great coffee, then use that energy to hit up one of the many unique shops that Havertown hosts. We suggest Alexia’s Gift Box, The Bead Garden, Carl’s Cards & Collectibles Inc., Nook & Violet, or Beach Pebbles Jewelry, but we’re sure you’ll find something great anywhere you choose to visit!
Shopping, dining out, and enjoying the outdoors is fun, but it can take a lot out of you. When you’re tired from a long day of enjoying Havertown, make sure you’re coming home to a relaxing aesthetic and a safe fireplace, by trusting your chimney and hearth care to Lou Curley’s Chimney Service. We’ve helped your friends and neighbors on Eagle Road, Lawrence Road, Darby Road, Grasslyn Avenue, Oakmont Avenue, Belvedere Avenue, Virginia Avenue, Maryland Avenue, Upland Avenue, Achille Road, Holmes Avenue, Robinson Avenue, Sunnyhill Lane, Brierwood Road, Lincoln Avenue, Ashton Road, Rose Glen Road, Tyson Road, Circle Drive, Fairmont Road, Harriet Lane, and Washington Avenue. When it comes to reliable chimney care, there’s nowhere better than Lou Curley’s Chimney Service!
Reach Out To Our Highly Qualified Team For Quick, Dependable Results
When you’re deciding on which chimney company to hire, there are a few key things you’ll want to look out for. For instance, the length of time the company has been in business, their experience, consistent positive customer reviews, and whether or not they have credible certifications. Lou Curley’s Chimney Service has been serving the area for nearly a decade and, with over 20 years of experience under our belts, you can bet that we know our stuff.
There is no other company in the area that matches our level of hard work and dedication to excellence. We’ve received numerous 5-star reviews and have received an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau as well. Along with this, we are members of the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce, the Mid-Atlantic Chimney Association, the NCSG, the MAHPBA/HPBA, and the PA Guild of Professional Chimney Sweeps.
We are completely committed to providing the best of the best, and we do all we can to stay educated and on top of everything related to this field! On top of being Pennsylvania’s only CSIA Master Chimney Sweep, we also hold the following titles: CSIA-Certified Chimney Sweep, CSIA-Certified Dryer Exhaust Tech (CDET), CSIA-Certified Chimney Specialist, NFI Master Hearth Specialist, NFI Gas Specialist, NFI Wood Specialist, NFI Pellet Specialist, F.I.R.E.-Certified Fireplace & Chimney Inspector, F.I.R.E.-Certified Tech, and F.I.R.E. Registered Hearth Advisor. Our full service list is below:
- Chimney Sweeping
- Chimney Inspections
- Smoke/Draft Problems Corrected
- Damper Replacement (Chimney-Top Dampers)
- Chimney & Furnace/Boiler Flue Relining
- Firebox Repairs
- Smoke Chamber Repairs
- Chimney Leak Repairs
- Ahren-Fire Fireplace Restoration
Why Are Regular Chimney Services Important?
Annual inspections and sweepings are not only important in helping reduce the risk of chimney fires and carbon monoxide poisoning, they also help detect problems that are hard for you, the homeowner, to spot. Even the slightest leak can lead to deterioration, eventually causing water damage to your fireplace, wood stove, furnace, or even your home.
But don’t start to think, “Well I don’t even use my fireplace, so I don’t have to get it inspected,” because that couldn’t be further from the truth. Even fireplaces that aren’t used often should still get inspected and cleaned. You don’t want some unannounced guest (like a squirrel or bird) just dropping into your chimney because you didn’t realize there was no chimney cap installed.
What Is Creosote? Why Is It Important To Check for It During Inspections?
Creosote is a natural byproduct of combustion. It’s hazardous and highly flammable, especially when the buildup is excessive. Creosote is a common problem in wood-burning fireplaces and is classified in stages based on appearance and composition.
The three primary stages of creosote are:
- Stage 1. This stage involves the accumulation of fine, dry, and flaky soot along the interior walls of the chimney. This type of creosote is relatively easy to remove and is less of a fire hazard than more advanced stages. Regular chimney sweeping can usually take care of first-degree creosote.
- Stage 2. Creosote at this stage is more problematic. It consists of a harder, shiny, and tar-like substance that looks like glass. It forms when the flue temperatures are inconsistent, causing the creosote to partially melt and then solidify again. This stage often requires specialized tools and equipment for safe removal.
- Stage 3. This stage of creosote buildup is the most dangerous and challenging to deal with. It appears as a thick, shiny, and extremely hard deposit, often resembling tar or a black, crusty glaze. This stage poses a severe fire hazard because it is highly flammable and can block the chimney, preventing proper ventilation. Sometimes, we need to remove part of the chimney to properly remove Stage 3 creosote.
The chimney technicians at Lou Curley Chimney Sweep are experts on creosote and can determine if your chimney has a creosote problem. Call us at 610-626-2439 to book your annual chimney inspection or schedule with us online.
Which Chimney Service Company Should You Hire?
When there are so many choices for chimney service companies, how do you know which one to pick? There are few things we recommend you look for in your search for a trustworthy chimney technician.
- Certifications and Licenses: Look for certifications from reputable and nationally recognized organizations, as well as licenses from the state of Virginia.
- Insurance: Liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance protects you in case any accidents or damages occur on the job.
- Reviews: Since reviews are so easily accessible these days, there’s no reason you can’t start narrowing down your search with reviews on the company. Spend a little time beforehand to make sure other people are satisfied with the team you’re considering before you waste time and money hiring someone that will end up leaving you frustrated and disappointed.
- Experience: Finding a technician that not only knows what they are talking about, but also knows what they are doing is probably the most important thing. After all, that’s what you’ve hired them to do. Choose a company with an extensive history in the chimney and venting industry.
So what are the chances you find a company that checks all of those boxes? Extremely likely if you contact the crew at Lou Curley’s. Our company is licensed, insured, and has over a decade of experience. Don’t just take our word for it, though – check out all of our 5-star reviews left by satisfied customers on Google and other platforms. When it comes to serving the Havertown area, we are your best choice in fireplace and chimney services.
Don’t Settle For Less
If you live in Havertown, Kirklyn, Coopertown, Penn Wynne, Pilgrim Gardens, West Gate Hills, Wayne, Springfield, or anywhere else close by, it’s time to stop settling for anything less than the best. Trust in our expert team today by calling 610-626-2439 or filling out our online appointment request form. We’re here for you!
Our great neighbors over in Haverford love knowing that they’re a valued part of our service area which means they can enjoy the benefits of our professional chimney and dryer vent services all year long.