If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. You’re probably familiar with that phrase. We are, too, and we agree with it in many ways. You can’t expect to receive a high quality product like the latest iPhone, a Rolex, or a Coach handbag for less than $50 yet people purchase imitations all the time. These cheap imitations don’t last long and do not have the texture or true appearance of the original. A cheap chimney service does not provide the quality service of a trusted company.
You wouldn’t trust your car to just any old mechanic to save a few bucks on repairs. You probably ask around and get the best referrals from people you trust and then make the informed decision to hire a trusted mechanic. You’re happy when your car is finished and ready to be picked up because it is repaired and ready to drive without any issues. Consider hiring a chimney sweep in much the same way.
Ask family members, coworkers, and friends who they trust for their chimney needs. Make a list of recommended services and call each one individually. Ask questions about the services they provide and whether they’re certified. The specific qualifications you’re looking for include:
- CSIA – Chimney Safety Institute of America
- I.R.E. – Only about 200 people in the United States hold this particular certification. I am a F.I.R.E. Certified Technician and Registered Hearth Advisor.
- IAFCI – The International Association of Fireplace and Chimney Inspectors certification is the most difficult to obtain.
- NFI – The National Fireplace Institute is considered the gold standard of the hearth industry. A Master Hearth Professional is considered the highest level certification in the hearth industry.
- C-DET – The Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician is the CSIA’s dryer vent cleaning and inspection certification.
- Pennsylvania Home Improvement Contractor – This certification isn’t necessarily required for a chimney sweep, but it does come in very handy when repairs are required. Our license number is #057475.
Many homeowners don’t really think about having the chimney, flue, or fireplace cleaned until fall or winter. This is one specific time that you don’t want to be faced with the decision to purchase cheap chimney services. You can rely on the services of Lou Curley’s Chimney Service for all of your chimney and dryer vent cleaning needs in Drexel Hill and the surrounding areas. We’re a locally owned and operated business, and we pride ourselves in providing top notch chimney services in Delaware County and the Springfield area. Call us at 610-626-2439 to schedule an appointment with one of our CSIA certified technicians.