You know that a professional chimney sweep will clean your chimney, but did you know that they do much more than that? Yes, it is true. Professional chimney sweeps check numerous items before they declare your chimney safe for use.
Here are 5 things that your chimney sweep will check after they clean your chimney:
- The bricks and mortar of your chimney can crack and weather over time, so this will be one of the many areas that a professional chimney sweep will focus on. They will check all your bricks and the mortar to make sure that they are not damaged in any way.
- The crown of your chimney can also become cracked over time, and those cracks will allow water to seep into your chimney. Therefore, your chimney sweep will check your crown before they leave.
- It is necessary for your chimney to be stable, so a professional chimney sweep will need to make sure that yours is. If your chimney is leaning, then it will need to be repaired or replaced, so that it does not collapse onto your home.
- During the cleaning process, your professional chimney sweep removed anything that was obstructing the inside of your chimney. However, during the inspection process, they will remove anything that is in the way on the outside of your chimney. This could be a branch hanging over your chimney or something else that could fall onto the chimney during a storm.
- If your chimney is connected to any items inside your home, your chimney sweep will check all those connections to ensure that they are attached and working properly. After all, they want to make sure that you are safe when you are using a wood stove, hot water heater, or any other item that needs to be vented to the outdoors.
Your chimney sweep works hard to ensure that your chimney is in excellent working order and ready for you to use. There are many things that could go wrong with your chimney and it is a chimney sweeps job to catch them all before they become dangerous. That is the main reason why we recommend that you have your chimney cleaned every year.
Fireplace Safety and Chimney Inspections in Morton
We have two CSIA Certified chimney sweeps standing by to assist you with your chimney needs. Give us a call at 610-626-2439 to schedule an appointment for a chimney inspection or cleaning. We provide chimney services throughout the Main Line region.