You know that you want summer to stay for a long time, but in actuality, no one ever knows when the temperatures are going to cool down. For that reason, you should plan on having your chimney cleaned and inspected before those cooler temperatures arrive. August is quickly approaching, which means the kids will be going back to school soon, and the temperatures will start dropping shortly thereafter.
Here are 7 reasons why you should have your chimney inspected and cleaned before fall arrives:
- Creosote will build up inside your chimney and the only way to remove it is to have your chimney cleaned. If the creosote continues to build up inside the chimney, it can cause a house fire.
- You should have your chimney inspected so that any cracked bricks, loose bricks, damaged flashing and cracked chimney caps can be repaired or replaced.
- If you have your chimney inspected every year, you will prevent many safety issues from occurring. Chimney inspections are an easy way to avoid chimney fires and carbon monoxide poisoning.
- A chimney inspection can discover water damage before it becomes extreme.
- When you have your chimney cleaned, you will prevent dangerous fumes from entering the house. These fumes can be harmful to all household members and can cause breathing problems.
- If your chimney has not been cleaned in a while, you will start to notice that more smoke enters your home when you have a fire lit. This smoke can turn everything in the house black and it is very time consuming to clean.
- You never know when an animal is going to make a nest inside your chimney and a chimney inspection can find all of these and remove them.
Even though it is summer and you may not plan to use your fireplace for a few months, it is still best to have your chimney inspected and cleaned. This will ensure that it is ready for that first warm fire of the season. The CSIA actually recommends one chimney inspection per year if the chimney isn’t even used. Two cleanings and inspections if the chimney is used moderately, and more cleanings and inspections if it is used on a regular basis.
We perform all types of chimney inspections, cleanings, and minor repairs here at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service. Our Chimney Sweeps are CSIA Certified and participate in continued education programs throughout the year. Give us a call at 610-626-2439 to discuss any chimney problems you may be experiencing or to schedule an appointment for a consultation, inspection, or cleaning.