Have A Water Problem? We’ll Take Care Of It!
Did you know water problems are very prevalent year-round, due to the weather patterns we have here in the Philadelphia area? For this reason, it’s becoming increasingly important for all homeowners to understand how water can damage all types of masonry, and what they can do to reverse or prevent damage and chimney leaks.
Chimney leak repair is extremely important, because an unsafe and water-damaged chimney presents safety concerns that may actually threaten the structural integrity of the home. Let us help you keep costs down and keep your home safer and stronger by resolving your chimney leaks and water problems fast
When It Comes to Chimney Leaks, Our Specialties Include These Services:
- Crown Repair & Waterproofing —The crown (cement top) of your chimney is made to protect the chimney opening against water, but crowns can crack, erode, or otherwise fail, and allow water into the home. The best way to prevent these types of leaks is to have repairs made quickly.
- Masonry Repair & Waterproofing — Water is your masonry chimney’s worst enemy, and unfortunately, water often wins the battle. If you have masonry damage, like cracks in your mortar joints or spalling brick, the faster repairs are made, the better.
- Flashing Repair & Waterproofing —The flashing at the base of the chimney where it meets the roof is often the culprit in a chimney leak. These metal sheets can be dented, lifted, rusted through, or just improperly installed, and can allow water to enter this vulnerable area.
- Chimney Cap & Custom Cap Installation — Is your cap missing? Every chimney needs a cap to cover the flue and keep water, debris, and animals from entering. Here at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service, we sell and install quality stainless steel and copper single and multi-flue chimney caps.
Lou Curley’s is the ONLY place to go for chimney service. He is professional, prompt and the best in the business. Not only is Lou a great business owner- he supports the community- I see him at every event!
Signs Of A Leak
Aside from scheduling annual inspections with a Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA)-certified chimney sweep, what can you do to stay on top of leaks and water problems? Inspect your chimney on a regular basis and make sure to call us if you notice any of the following:
- Cracks between the brick or stone of your chimney
- Spalling or flaking brick
- Damage to the crown or chimney cap
- Evidence of water in your fireplace
- Damage to your chimney’s flashing
Obvious damage to any part of your chimney should be taken seriously. A collapsed chimney puts the surrounding areas of your home at risk for rot and collapse as well. Don’t waste money on quick fixes that only address the symptoms of the problem. Contact us today!
Lou’s staff were very professional and provided excellent service during an emergency at my house. Very easy to deal with.