Homeownership is something we all strive for at some point in our lives. Whether you’re a very young homeowner just starting out your adult life or a senior citizen who plans to age in place and live independently as long as possible, you are still responsible for the annual maintenance that goes along with owning your home. Hiring a plumber for plumbing problems, an electrician for electrical problems, and a chimney sweep for chimney problems is just part of the homeownership deal.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Beware of scammers looking to make a quick buck and move on. Make sure to get more than one quote if you’re faced with the decision to reline or rebuild your chimney for any reason.
- Certified chimney sweeps don’t go door to door selling their services. We are generally busy and rely on word of mouth for most of our customer base. Many of our customers rely on us year after year for quality chimney services.
- Schedule your annual inspection and cleaning on a date that you will easily remember. Some people schedule their annual maintenance on the same date each year so they can mark that date on the calendar. Sometimes it’s the date that the kids go back to school or the first day of fall, or some other memorable date.
- Schedule your post-winter inspection and cleaning early to prevent scheduling issues. This winter has been milder than previous winters with less snowfall, so you probably haven’t used the fireplace quite as much as normal. Remember that we still have at least a couple of months of potentially very cold weather coming up, so schedule your post-winter chimney inspection and cleaning for late March through April before appointment spots fill up.
- Check the credentials of your chosen chimney sweep to ensure that they are who they claim to be and they have the experience and insurances required for the job. We will proudly give you our CSIA Certification number and show you other certificates that we’ve earned over time. Continued education is extremely important to us because it allows us to provide the best services to you.
- Look at their website and look them up online to see current reviews and references. You’re currently visiting our website, so feel free to take a look around. Give us a call if you have any questions about anything you see here. Click here to see our most recent reviews, and here to see our Facebook page. Like our page to keep up with everything going on here at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service.
- Professionalism isn’t totally a lost art, though some companies may make you wonder. We always treat every customer with respect and professionalism.
We all want to find the most professional and best qualified service provider when we need to hire someone for a job. These seven tips will help you identify a qualified, professional chimney sweep with the right credentials when the time comes. Call Lou Curley’s Chimney Service at 610-626-2439 to schedule an appointment with one of our CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps.