It’s summer and we know that you are busy. There’s always something to do, someone to see, somewhere to go, etc… We understand how busy things are for your family and trust us, we can relate! We want you to enjoy your summer and not have to worry about anything else, but there are certain things that you should do as you are planning your summer vacation.
One of those most-do items involves your chimney. Yes, we know that you are not likely planning on using it this summer. However, that dirty and musty chimney will be dirtier and mustier through the heat of the summer and when the cool temperatures arrive this fall.
Here are 5 reasons you should schedule your chimney cleaning as you are planning your summer vacation:
- The main reason you should do it now is that you may forget about it. Remember, you’re busy and if something does not seem too important now, it will fall further and further down on your to-do list until you completely forget about it. That’s why we always recommend that you schedule a cleaning right after you schedule your travel and accommodation plans for your summer vacation.
- Chimneys can stink over time and this can happen with yours if you have water leaking in. Even small amounts of water can mix with the ashes and once it starts to build up, the musty smell will permeate through your entire house. It’s bad, it’s relentless, and it’s preventable.
- Animals love to find their way into chimneys, yet somehow, they don’t always manage to leave. We have found more little critters than we ever thought was possible in chimneys as we are cleaning them. It’s important to get these things out of your chimney, so that the air can flow through properly. Plus, a stuck animal will eventually die, and well, that brings on a whole other smell inside your home.
- When you have your chimney cleaned, a full inspection is done at the same time. If there is any damage found, it is easier to fix during the summer months. Most of the materials that are used need warm temperatures in order to cure and seal properly. Plus, you will not need to worry about not being able to use your fireplace when the work is being completed, because you will not need it.
- Chimney fires can happen quickly and if you take the time now to have your chimney cleaned, you will not have to worry if one will happen for you.
All these reasons are realistic ones and we know that you want to protect your family and home as much as possible. This is why we recommend that you clean your chimney this summer, so that it is ready for you to use as soon as fall and winter arrive.
The chimney sweeps here at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service are CSIA Certified and we have years of experience under our belts. We strive to continue our education as often as possible so we’re always in the position to offer you the best possible chimney services in Drexel Hill and all along the Main Line. Call us at 610-626-2439 to discuss your chimney needs or to schedule an appointment for a chimney cleaning, chimney inspection, or chimney repair.