Do You Have a Leaky Chimney? We’re Delaware County’s Chimney Leak Repair Experts!
Did you know water problems are very prevalent year-round, due to the weather patterns we have here in the Philadelphia area? For this reason, it’s becoming increasingly important for you (the homeowner) to understand how water can damage all types of masonry, and what you can do to reverse or prevent damage and chimney leaks. Let us help you keep costs down and keep your home safer and stronger by resolving your chimney leaks and water problems fast
Our Specialties Include These Services:
- Crown Repair & Waterproofing —The crown (cement top) of your chimney is made to protect the chimney opening against water, but crowns can crack, erode, or otherwise fail, and allow water into the home. The best way to prevent these types of leaks is to have repairs made quickly.
- Masonry Repair & Waterproofing — Water is your masonry chimney’s worst enemy, and unfortunately, water often wins the battle. If you have masonry damage, like cracks in your mortar joints or spalling brick, the faster repairs are made, the better.
- Flashing Repair & Waterproofing —The flashing at the base of the chimney where it meets the roof is often the culprit in a chimney leak. These metal sheets can be dented, lifted, rusted through, or just improperly installed, and can allow water to enter this vulnerable area.
- Chimney Cap & Custom Cap Installation — Is your cap missing? Every chimney needs a cap to cover the flue and keep water, debris, and animals from entering.
Lou has been servicing our chimney for a few years. Always on time, communicates very well and follows up to make sure all is OK. Mostly, I feel Lou is being totally honest with the work he recommends.
Is Your Chimney Leaking? Here Are Some Signs of a Leak
Aside from scheduling annual inspections with a Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA)-certified chimney sweep, what can you do to stay on top of leaks and water problems? Inspect your chimney on a regular basis and make sure to call us if you notice any of the following:
- Cracks between the brick or stone of your chimney
- Spalling or flaking brick
- Damage to the crown or chimney cap
- Evidence of water in your fireplace
- Damage to your chimney’s flashing
Obvious damage to any part of your chimney should be taken seriously. A collapsed chimney puts the surrounding areas of your home at risk for rot and collapse as well. Don’t waste money on quick fixes that only address the symptoms of the problem. Call Lou Curley’s Chimney Service for a no-nonsense chimney leak repair and waterproofing application that will last for many years to come.
Ready to Book Your Appointment?
We do not share the pricing of our services on our site, because each service has multiple variables including the number of flues, the type of appliance, etc. We can only give you an estimated price until we fully understand your appliance and the time and materials it will take to be serviced. If you have questions about costs, please call our office and our team will be happy to answer any questions. If you are still unsure, please check out our reviews and you can find confidence in our work through our happy customers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Whether you call us or we call you back after you submit a scheduling form, you can expect our team to ask you a couple of questions.
Have you used us for your appliance before? If so, we have all your past services on file and it speeds up the scheduling process.
Where is your home located? This ensures that you are in our service area.
What kind of appliance are you wanting to be serviced?
How many stories are in your home?
What is the exterior of your chimney made out of?
What do you have on your roof? (metal shingles, terra cotta, etc)
*If you don’t know the answers to these questions, no worries! Our team can help you.
Lou Curley Chimney Service is spectacular. Always on time and completes the job in an effective, efficient and timely manner. Very helpful in responding to questions and explains the process. Don’t use anyone else!