Our Certified Chimney Professionals Offer A Host Of Chimney Services To Delaware County & the Main Line!
Those of us here at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service are committed to helping our neighbors throughout Delaware County and the Main Line keep their chimneys, fireplaces, and furnace/boiler flues in great condition, burn season after burn season. That’s why we’ve invested so heavily into our own training and certifications, becoming CSIA-certified chimney sweeps and master chimney sweeps, NFI master hearth specialists (gas, wood, and pellet specialists), F.I.R.E.-certified fireplace and chimney inspectors, F.I.R.E.-certified techs, and F.I.R.E. registered hearth advisors. Below are some of our chimney service specialties:
- Chimney Sweeping — Chimneys and furnace/boiler flues need to be cleaned on a regular basis so that creosote, soot, and other byproducts can be removed from the liner walls before they cause liner damage. Here at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service, we use rotary brushes to ensure a thorough cleaning, so you can be confident that your flue’s ready for another heating season.
- Chimney Inspections — The NFPA and the CSIA both state that all chimneys (used or unused), furnace and boiler chimneys included, should be inspected every single year. Inspections allow homeowners to identify problems with their heating systems in the early stages and address issues before they cause a house fire, carbon monoxide poisoning, or another performance or safety concern. As certified and experienced chimney professionals, we offer level 1, level 2, and level 3 inspections as determined by the NFPA, and each includes a video scan of the chimney’s interior so you know exactly what your chimney system needs or doesn’t need.
- Smoke Stain Removal —Are smoke stains on your fireplace facing or chimney bringing down the look of your home? You don’t have to just live with it or save up for a costly rebuild! Here at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service, we offer smoke stain removal services and can remove years of smoke stains from your stone, marble, slate, tile, concrete, mortar, limestone, or cultured stone fireplace, outdoor fireplace, or chimney in just 24-48 hours. There’s never been an easier, faster, or safer way to get rid of smoke and soot stains!
- Smoke/Draft Problems Corrected — Is it difficult to get and keep a fire going in your fireplace? Is every fireside experience a smoky nightmare? Whatever’s causing your smoke or draft problems, our experienced and certified team can pinpoint it and resolve it quickly and effectively. From flue blockages, damaged flues, and improperly sized flues to air pressure and cross draft problems, we’ll take care of it.
- Damper Replacement — Can you feel cold or hot outside air coming in through your fireplace opening when your fireplace isn’t being used? Is it difficult or impossible to open or close your old damper? Whether your damper is broken, failed, or you’re just tired of losing conditioned air and heat and allowing outside air in through the fireplace, we’re here to help. We install chimney-top dampers, which are designed to provide an airtight seal and make it easy for you to keep energy bills down and outside air out.
- Chimney & Furnace/Boiler Flue Relining — Was your chimney built without a liner? Is your flue liner spalling, cracking, or riddled with holes, gaps, and other damage? The flue liner that vents your fireplace, stove, boiler, or furnace serves an important role, and keeps the heat and corrosive gases of combustion from coming into contact with the masonry of your chimney and nearby combustibles (like framing and walls) as they travel up and out of the chimney and home. If your chimney flue or furnace/boiler flue is damaged, missing, or needs to be replaced because of a fuel or appliance change, we can help. We’re chimney and furnace/boiler flue relining experts and we use quality UL listed stainless steel liners and HeatShield® cerfractory sealant.
Whatever services you need for your chimney system, you can count on our CSIA-, NFI-, and F.I.R.E.– certified team of professionals to do the job quickly, professionally, and properly. Call 610-626-2439 or fill out our online appointment request form to request an appointment with Delaware County’s most qualified and trusted chimney service today. We look forward to working with you!