Spring comes once a year and with it comes the desire to throw out all of those old items and thoroughly clean the house. When the weather warms up, there’s more life in the air. It’s a great time to clean and remove all the dust and build-up accrued during winter. Many of us wash the walls, clean out closets, and thoroughly clean the interior of our homes. You should also include your fireplace and chimney in your post-winter cleanup. Consider doing this first though, because it can be seriously messy business. Here are several good reasons to kickstart your spring cleaning with a post-winter chimney cleaning and inspection:
- Done and Done – Once you check it off your to-do list, you won’t have to worry about it for another year. You’ll be prepared and ready for winter when it arrives.
- Get it Out of the Way – You should have your chimney and fireplace inspected and cleaned during the spring. You know it needs to be done. Why not get it out of the way?
- Reduce Chimney Odors – It eliminates bad odors in the home. As the weather warms, smells can intensify. No one wants a smelly home.
- Fewer Scheduling Conflicts – There’s a better chance of getting an appointment that works with your schedule. Plus, chimney cleaning and inspection companies will be able to give you a more personal and customer-oriented experience.
- Reduce Creosote Buildup – It helps eliminate corrosion from emissions. Emissions, like creosote, can build up, and when married with moisture in your flue line, the results can equal costly damage repairs.
- Early Identification of Damage – It can help identify needed maintenance and repairs. This is a bonus because you’ll have more time to take care of repairs. Plus, it won’t take a huge chunk of your budget right before Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Kickstart Your Spring Cleaning – Chimney cleaning and inspection is a great way to kick start your spring cleaning. You’re able to get this major project out of the way so you can fully clean everything else without worry of soot on everything.
- Peace of Mind – With a clean home, you’ll feel better knowing all the soot, buildup and odors are gone from your fireplace. You will also be able to rest assured that your chimney inspection has been done. You can welcome the warm weather with a smile.
You should have your chimney inspected and consult with a Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) Certified professional about the best options for repairing any damage and adding preventative measures for the future life of your chimney. Both of the licensed and insured chimney sweeps here at Lou Curley’s Chimney Service are CSIA certified with experience dealing with common chimney problems as well as some more complex issues that homeowners may face with their chimney. Give us a call at 610-626-2439 to discuss your chimney problems and we’ll help you get a handle on any mold issues you may have in the chimney as well.